International gifts. Can I donate them through Overflow?

Have more questions? Submit a request

Yes, you can give gifts from outside the United States through Overflow! Read on for details as each has its own unique requirements and restrictions when it comes to international gifts.

Before continuing, there is one nuance to giving internationally that you should know as it applies universally across the Overflow platform:

  1. You will be asked to enter a phone number in order to give through Overflow. The Overflow platform accepts any international number, just make sure to select the country code that applies to you.

All right, you're ready to go! Read on for all all the details about giving internationally through Overflow from a specific asset class (stock, crypto, and cash):



Currently, Overflow can accept stocks that are traded on the US stock market. However, that doesn't mean you can't donate stock outside the United States! Overflow supports two cases of international stock giving:


1. If you live abroad but own U.S. securities, you can donate them to a 501c3 organization through Overflow.

    • Overflow can process U.S. securities donated from local and international brokerage accounts. Please note, however, that there are some international brokerage accounts that are not compatible with Overflow. Please email to inquire as to whether or not your brokerage account is supported.

2. There are certain international stocks that can be converted to U.S. securities and then traded on the U.S. stock market. These shares can be donated to U.S.-based 501c3 organizations once they have been converted.

    • Our Donor Operations team can help you identify if your shares can be converted to U.S. securities and walk you through the process of donating them. Please email to begin this process.



Cryptocurrency can be donated to U.S.-based 501c3 organizations from over 60+ countries. View the full list. Overflow currently supports more than 30 cryptocurrency coins, all of which have been vetted for security and compliance and are accepted within the United States.




Overflow's cash donation platform allows donations via credit card, debit card, or ACH bank transfer. If you're looking to donate to a U.S.-based 501c3 organization through Overflow but reside outside the United States, you can use any credit card with the Visa, Master Card, American Express, or Discover logo. International donors can also donate via Apple Pay or Google Pay from a select list of countries which you can find here. ACH (also known as bank transfer) donations are only possible from a United States banking institution.

    • Please note that Overflow's cash-giving experience is displayed in United States Dollars, so keep that in mind when converting the value of your donation from your native currency.
    • Also note that currency conversion fees may apply to your gift. This fee will be assessed by the card network through which your gift is processed.



Overflow does not provide tax, legal, compliance, or accounting advice. This material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal, compliance, or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal, compliance, and accounting advisors before sending or concluding any transaction, communication, or otherwise. Note that for international givers, tax deductions to U.S.-based 501c3 organizations may differ from those available to donors within the United States.

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful



Please sign in to leave a comment.